In collaboration with One Yoga Center in Foster, RI Ellen Schaeffer, Integrative Yoga Therapist proudly offers:
Yogic Lifestyle Immersion Retreat – Awakening Presence
Duration: June 6-9, 2019
Where: Avalon, The Inn on Cutty Hunk Island
Are you ready to commit time for self-
care and personal growth in 2019?
Imagine 3 nights and 4 days relaxing into the sound of waves breaking upon the shore. Visualize your self moving through a historic, oceanside inn that renders a feeling of stepping back in time. Come together with like-minded souls to drop out of the pull of daily life and drop in to a greater connection to self & Self.
This retreat will be an immersion into yogic lifestyle.
- Yoga Asana (postures)
- Pranayama (breath exercises)
- Mudra (hand gestures to support reflection/meditation)
- Spiritual study (reading, reflection & conversation)
- Self Inquiry
- Kama Yoga (selfless service)
- Special evening programs: Sitar and Tabla Concert with Srinivas Reedy and Dances of Universal Peace with Ellen Lara (in the spirit of seva/service these programs will be open to the Cuttyhunk community)
Mornings will begin with group sadhana (practice) adapted to the needs of the group with a focus on connecting deeply with one’s personal truth. Following practice, as a community, we will share the responsibility of setting out our morning meal (yogurt, granola, toast, fresh fruit, seeds, nuts, and make your own eggs). Breakfast will be followed with time for walks, reflection and journaling.
Lunch will be prepared by our personal chef, Haley Pollock. Each day two participants will be asked to practice Karma Yoga by assisting Haley in the kitchen prior to meals (one time during the retreat for each willing participant). Lunch will be followed by a facilitated group experience where you may be asked to engage in a small group or partner with another participant. Following our group time there will be personal time to engage with others, walk the beach & rest. Prior to dinner, there will be a facilitated experience of Yoga and or meditation. After dinner there will be time for tea and sharing as well as our evening programs. Our Chef Haley and Ellen are planning for balanced healthy, vegetarian meals. Please inform us, upon registration, if you have any allergies or special dietary needs.
- $580 base fee for triple room accommodations (limited number available)
- Add $40 for a double room (roommate requests will be honored)
- Limited single rooms MAY be available for an up-charge depending on registration. Please check with Ellen
- Add $56 for round trip ferry fee (Ellen will book for the group – they did not offer a group rate)
Fee includes 3 nights accommodation, roundtrip ferry, breakfast, gourmet healthy lunch and dinner, coffee, tea, fruit, all activities and programs.
Fee does not include $2 luggage fee per bag up to 45 pounds, $4 up to 75 pounds – paid at ferry. Parking fee is also not included.
Register with a $250 deposit by March 1, 2019. Space is limited, up to 20 people.
For more information and registration click here. Or email Ellen: (info@OneYogaCenter.com) or call 401-368-YOGA (9642).
Nourish – an afternoon of yoga & culinary delight
Nourish the soul with a mix of gentle flow, restorative and Yin style Yoga while delighting your palate with fresh juices and seasonal culinary pleasures. What better way to nurture the mind, body, and spirit than an afternoon of awakening your food senses while immersing yourself in mindful Yoga practices. Join Culinary Nutritionist, Haley Pollock and certified yoga therapist, Ellen Schaeffer for an afternoon of delightful pleasures. Hope you can join us!
When: Saturday, October 13, 2017
Time: 1 pm – 5 pm
Where: One Yoga Center – 142A Danielson Pike, Foster, RI 02825
Rate: $50 pre-registration by October 1st – $60 later enrollment
Event will cap at 20 people, so register early to reserve your spot! Please contact Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ellen at email@example.com before registering if you have any food allergies.
This event is a fundraiser to subsidize Haley’s journey to Nepal.
Yoga Retreat in Vermont
Stoked to be joining forces with Rise Yoga in Wallingord, CT to be apart of a relaxing retreat up in Vermont! Food of course made by The Holistic
Trick.⠀Join Kelsey and Amy September 27-30 2018. Yoga, Nature, Nourishing Food by The Holistic Trick, Essential Oils, Workshops & Talks on the Chakras & Doshas. Most importantly a weekend to disconnect to reconnect with yourself; mind, body, & soul.
***Early Bird pricing until June 30th! Spots are filling quickly…go to buff.ly/2Mrdke3 for more info on how to sign up!”⠀
Kombucha Brewing Workshop with Cocktails & Mocktails
- Learn all about the scientific process of brewing Kombucha along with health benefits & troubleshooting for beginners
- Bottle and flavor their own Kombucha to take home
- Fruit, juice, & spices will be provided. Feel free to bring your own ingredients to add. No ingredient is too weird; Cinnamon Toast Crunch Kombucha has been done!
- Receive their own SCOBY, starter liquid & instructions to brew at home with recipe ideas
- Taste various flavors of home-brewed booch
- Get inspired while sipping on creative Cocktails & Mocktails made with Kombucha
When: Friday, June 1, 2018 6 PM – 8 PM (event will last about two hours)
Where: One Yoga Center, 142A Danielson Pike, Foster, RI 02825
Advanced registration (see Paypal/Credit Card button below): $20 per/person made before May 25, 2018
Door Fee: $25 cash per/person
Call 401-363-5547 for more info or questions
5th Annual International Food Tasting
When: 5:30 – 8:00 PM – April 25, 2018
Where: The Elks Lodge – 887 South Main St. Attleboro, MA
Price: Tickets $18 – Pre-Order Here
Live Music, Raffles, Cash Bar, Food, Friends, Treats, Laughs
Lactose Intolerance – Educational Session & Tasting
When: 11:15 AM – Saturday, February 17, 2017 (event will last about an hour)
Where: One Yoga Studio, 142A Danielson Pike, Foster, RI 02825
Donation: Minimum of $5 per person accepted at the door or Credit/Debit Card via Paypal (see below)
Pre-registration is encouraged: email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Do you suffer from occasional or chronic gastrointestinal distress; bloating, indigestion, heartburn, tummy aches, flatulence, and/or diarrhea?
- Do you drink cow’s milk on a regular basis?
- Do you consume other dairy products on a regular basis?
- Do you think you could be lactose intolerant but not sure exactly what that means for you?
65-75% of the world’s population is lactose intolerant! So, if you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, you very well could be part of the majority! Please join Haley Pollock, Culinary Nutritionist & Personal Chef, for an educational session explaining the science behind lactose intolerance, risk factors, and how to enjoy dairy without the discomfort. There will also be a tasting table set up with conventional dairy products (and their lactose content) versus lactose free dairy products for guests to sample. Hope to see you there!
Please make pre-registration donations (minimum $5 per person) below with Credit/Debit Card via Paypal and email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete registration.