For a long time I’ve been looking for a daily spritzer or tonic if you will, that will liven up my skin, keep it moisturized, all while reducing outbreaks and clearing my complexion. All through my teens I had the clearest skin and only had occasional break outs. Now that I am a bit older and my hormones have changed, breakouts for me are much more common. Insert sad face here. Facial scrubs on the market always caused me to have more breakouts and left my skin super dry. Its as if they striped all the moisture from my face just to suck out all the oils in my pores. This may reduce pimples and breakouts but on the flip side my face ended up very dry, reddish, and overall irritated.
Little Balance from One Product
You may notice as I have, that you get very little balance from one product alone. You actually end up spending more money, time, and effort into using numerous products just to balance out the other! But of course this is what body care businesses want. From a business perspective I’m not knocking them – this is a profitable method. On the other hand, the consumer, meaning your piggy bank suffers as well as your cluttered bathroom counter. You can’t just use the facial cleanser without following up with the facial moisturizer and then the toner. Say each bottle costs around $7, that company then squeezes $21 from you; and that’s a pretty cheap product scenario. These are the reasons I started making my own body care items in the first place. I figured if I was going to be investing money into all sorts of different products for different things, I might as well invest in a few versatile, natural, and wholesome base products and one day I will figure out some magical concoction that solves all my problems! Yes, I believe in miracles.
It took a lot of failed attempts, a lot of tweaking, and a lot of researching before I formulated this spritzer that worked for my combination skin. It not only cleanses my pores but moisturizes my skin all at the same time. It reduced any redness and itching on my face and drastically reduced my breakouts – I rarely get pimples anymore. I’ve been using this spritzer for about a month now and it is my go to, cure all, facial regimen that I use everyday, throughout the day to liven up my skin. I’m so happy to finally share it with you all and I hope it works wonders on your skin too!
- A spritzing/spray bottle
- Mines on the smaller side just so it doesn’t take up a ton of room and easily transportable when traveling.
- 1/2 cup Aloe Vera gel
- I used Lily of the Desert Gel. Its a wonderful, trusted brand. Also this stuff is great on sun burns, other burns, bruises, and wounds! It holds a multi use which is always amazing!
- 1/2 cup Witch Hazel
- I used Humphreys which is also a well trusted brand.
- 10 drops of Argan Oil
- Depending on the time of year and your type of skin you can adjust this amount to suit your skin. More oil if your skin is more dry and less if it is more oily. You can feel it out and adjust as you use.
- Argan oil although amazing, is somewhat pricey. You can use another dry oil in place of Argan oil if you wish such as: Almond oil, Tamanu oil, castor oil, Jojoba oil, or Avocado oil.
- 20 drops of Essential Oils of your choice
- Popular EO’s for the face include: Tea tree oil (great for acne), Neem (also great for acne and oily skin), Rosemary, Lavender, Grapefruit, and Rose Hip Seed oil (awesome for skin and hair). I used a combination of all these!
Shake and use after you’ve cleansed your face with a mild soap bar, I love Kiss My Face Olive Oil and Chamomile, spritz all over the face and neck and let dry before applying makeup; it dries fairly quickly and not oily at all. Be sure
not to get this in your eyes, it may burn! Use throughout the day to liven up the skin when needed and at night before bed. I use mine about 2-3 times a day and absolutely in love!