The talented Emily made these delicious donuts and want to share her recipe which is gluten and dairy-free. Please note, you must have a donut pan to make these donuts as they are baked and not fried. They would make a great breakfast or snack! Stay healthy everyone and enjoy!
Makes 12 donuts
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free self-rising flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup oat milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup blueberries and/or raspberries (or really any berry you’d like)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3 tbsp oat milk or other non-dairy milk
Method of Prep:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat donut pan with non-stick spray (you can also probably use a muffin pan if you don’t have a donut pan).
- Starting with the flour, add all ingredients to mixing bowl except the berries, and mix the dough.
- Once dough is mixed, add the berries and fold into dough.
- Add dough to the donut pan, being very careful not to overfill.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after poking donut.
- While donuts are baking, mix together ingredients for glaze being sure to add 1 tb of oat milk at a time until a desired glaze consistency has developed. You should be able to draw a figure 8 with the glaze and see the 8 slowly go away in the bowl.
- Remove donuts from oven and place on cooling rack until cool enough to touch.
- Then drizzle (or dip) donuts into glaze. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!